The Bible clearly lists at least five crowns that will be awarded in heaven.
- The first crown is the Victor’s Crown. This crown will be awarded for self-discipline (1 Corinthians 9:25-27).
- The second is the Crown of Rejoicing, which will be given to those who have led others to Christ (1 Thessalonians 2:19).
- The third is the Crown of Righteousness, which will be given to those who have a longing for the Lord Jesus—who look for Jesus’ return (2 Timothy 4:8).
- The fourth is the Crown of Life, placed upon those who have endured and triumphed over trial and temptation and persecution, even to the point of martyrdom (James 1:12; Revelation 2:10).
- The fifth is the Crown of Glory, awarded to the faithful shepherds of the people of God and to Christian leaders (1 Peter 5:4).
These are not by any means the only rewards that will be distributed in heaven. But above all, it is important to remember that the Lord Himself is our chief reward. No crown could ever compare to the splendor of seeing our Lord and Savior face to face.